Head to Wind Publishing is a collaborative that publishes memoir, fiction, both literary and trade, and nonfiction.
We accept simultaneous submissions but please let us know if you’ve also sent it someplace else as well. We read both email and hardcopy submissions. For fiction, submit no more than 50 pages of the work.
For nonfiction, submit an initial proposal letter of no more than a page and a half, giving Botha thumbnail of the book and your credentials. Or send a full proposal that includes;
1. Cover letter
2. Overview of the book (no more than 500 words)
2. Other books that would compete and how yours differs or adds to the conversation
3. Target audience – who would buy your book and why?
4. Your credentials and experience including what publications has your work appeared in
5. Marketing and promotion – how will you actively help promote the book? What contacts will be receptive to your work and want to review it? Where should publicity be focused?
6. Detailed table of contents including overview of each chapter.
7. Two sample chapters.
If you submit vial snail mail, please include a SASE for a response and return postage if you want the whole submission returned. Please keep in mind that we are a small enterprise and will respond as quickly as we can, but we make no timetable promises. However if you don’t hear something from us within two months, don’t hesitate to ping us via email.
To submit via snail mail:
Head to Wind Publishing
P.O. Box 74
Galena, MD 21635
Writers can also connect with us on Facebook.